Sunday, January 24, 2016

Breakfast for Dinner

 El Nino Years can be challenging.

I miss the sky.
The basement is flooded.
The house smells of wet basement and an old fire.
The backyard is flooded and muddy. So muddy. So very muddy. Even with new stepping stones, which are now under water.
The world is too wet to prune or build beds.
The cats are restless, sniping at each other, and pooping under The Ark.
The bunny is SAD. She wants out.
All of our coats and shoes are damp.
The chickens are not laying because there is not enough light.
I have not seen the bees since November. I think they died.
There is no solar gain or solar power.
The Ark’s rug is sodden.
My best seed catalog has gone AWOL.
Jeans are not drying, so we are wiggling around the drying rack for days.
My students are dim, staring out the window, and quiet.

We need Breakfast for Dinner. French Toast with the last two eggs.



No comments:

Post a Comment