- The dining room is the frying room—figs, nuts, laundry, tomato seeds…
- Wild western winds.
- All 90 pounds of potatoes are in.
- The zucchini vines have succumbed to powdery mildew.
- Trail grass is golden.
- The fields at Finely are burned for weed control.
- The grass in the yard is turning green.
- The chicken coop is on the garden beds.
- The cats are looking for laps.
- We’ve had our first morning fire on Sunday.
- OSU students are back and bellowing.
- The asters are blooming.
- The wool blanket is on the bed.
- Dinner from the oven sounds good.
- The Harvest moon has risen over Chip Ross park.
Tomato and Potato casserole
This is one of those very simple recipes where the sum total is outstanding and you wonder—why is this soooo good?
New potatoes, sliced in rounds and boiled until just done.
A handful or two of ripe cherry tomatoes.
Basil leaves, chopped coarsely.
Mozzarella cheese, sliced.
Salt and pepper.
Layer in a casserole dish—potatoes, tomatoes, basil, cheese, salt and pepper. Repeat. Bake in 350 oven until bubbly. Eat with steamed green beans on the side. Repeat.