- Green sign-out sheet appears in our boxes. Cheers!
- Blue sheet-- how many seniors are failing and will not graduate?-- appears.
- Grade Grubbing begins as everyone calculates how many points they need to either pass or get an A. People in between do not Grade Grub.
- Last day to turn in work announcement is on the board.
- Variations, the school magazine, is published.
- Memorial Day, followed by sun, followed by "Can we read outside today?" (no.)
- Yearbooks appear during class and are confiscated for the day.
- Seniors Last Day and the school is quiet.
- Graduation on Monday night.
- Grade Grubbing continues.
- Tuesday after graduation is silent and focused.
- Room is cleared of junk-- it is amazing how much stuff piles up in corners over a year.
- Erase all of the boards. Take down the art. Hand back papers.
- Recycling is hauled out.
- Grades are done.
- Last Grade Grubbing conversation is finished.
- Green sheet is turned in.
We drink gallons of sun tea in the summer...
10 Red Rose tea bags-- decaf or caf.
4 springs of orange mint
half a gallon of water in the old glass martini pitcher from 1968.
Set it all in the sun for several hours, then squeeze the water from the tea bags and add a large wooden spoonful of honey. Stir well and chill.