Sunday, May 21, 2023

Weekend Work List

 


“I woke up this morning, started going, and never stopped,” Mark observed last night. It was accurate and I suspect he will have the same observation tonight. We have been doing Yard Work. And I can’t tell that I’ve made dent in the overall appearance of the yard. Because of this feeling of futility, I made a list. Starting at 6:30 AM on Saturday, when the cat woke us up, I have:

·         Cleaned the living room and bedroom

·         Shopped the farmer’s market

·         Spent two hours in the library for Government Corner, where I talked to three people

·         Folded laundry

·         Planted the vines

·         Planted some lettuce and bean and herb seed


·         Moved the orange mint

·         Watered all of the starts

·         Rabbit fenced a garden bed

·         Cleaned up the strawberries

·         Cleaned the coop, the hutch, and the back forty pool

·         Pulled moss off of the shed roof—that is obvious

·         Moved a pile of bamboo to the front of the house next door and posted a Free sign on Facebook

·         Cleaned up the greenhouse

·         Painted some garden signs

·         Walked to the top of Bald Hill this morning while it was cool


·         Checked the home irrigation system and nothing exploded!

·         Cleaned up the front garden bed of spent bulbs

·         Trimmed the side barrels

·         Created a huge pile of green trimmings in the compost area

I think, next weekend, I just want to lay around, talk with people, and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment