Sunday, November 21, 2021

Thanks

 


November, the time for bringing in the harvest and giving thanks for making through another year with provisions for the winter. And I have been thankful, lately, in many aspects of my life. More to come, each day this week.

1.       I am deeply thankful to be able to browse the public library once again, to haul home a stack of books that I stumble upon while wandering through the stacks. I will never take browsing for granted again.

2.       I am thankful for ninth graders who are returning to “normal” after a year and a half of fear, restraint, and silence. They are sharing cookies before class, laughing at each other’s jokes, and rocking pink powderpuff football shirts.

3.      


I am, as always, thankful for the people who grow our food—beans and grains, winter greens and squashes.

4.       I am thankful for leaves and cornstalks which pile onto my garden beds and become living soil by spring planting time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment