Sunday, March 13, 2016

Homage to Sunbow Farm


For  six summers, I have been volunteering at Sunbow Farm in the summer, weeding, transplanting, hauling-- whatever needed doing that day. In that time, I have learned so much about growing food-- and community-- that I cannot capture it all. When I look around my own yard, I can see the influence of Harry McCormick, and, more recently Nate and Yadira and Charlotte, and Sunbow Farm everywhere. 





The rack that holds our starts is two planks, which allows the water to drain out neatly.

Garden hoops, covered. Nate discovered the conduit pipe made excellent hoops.

Hoops, exposed.

Leaf Mulch. A Sunbow Staple, collected from the street.

Bucket with binder twine handle

Bunzilla. Nothing to do with Sunbow, but happy to be out.

Everything starts inside from seed and moves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment