In some ways, June is the easiest gardening month. Everything is in the ground and growing, but nothing is ready for preserving yet.
This month’s tasks:
· Mow and trim.
· Clean up the canning area—evaluate jars, sharpen knives, purchase lids, make the list.
· Clean out the larder.
· Get the final seeds in the ground before the Summer Solstice.
· Make ful from fresh fava beans.
· Mulch the whole garden.
· Repair hoses.
· Set up the greywater system.
· Clean out the outdoor shower.
· Tie up rampant growth.
· Pickle beets and make rhubarb preserves.
· Eat peas.
· Move classroom plants home for the summer.